Friday, August 22, 2008

TMBG Names and what they do.

There's been lots of ink spilled on names and identity and those sorts of things. Some churches have been sublimating their denominational name as a means of reaching out to the unchurched. So you get "The Westfield Church" instead of "Westfield Baptist". I don't necessarily like it, but I understand it. It reminds me of the video below. It's a good song, which I think would have gotten more play if it hadn't been for the band name.

It's They Might Be Giants, an alternative band that doesn't get much radio play. I heard it on XM Kids. I wonder how much more play it would get if it was by some anonymous band. Then again, would I have given it a second listen if it WASN'T from TMBG, a band that takes up some space in my CD collection?

This video is just someone's homemade Youtube video. I couldn't find a better one on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analyzing